The purpose of the floating static route is to appear if the main route goes
down. So if you shut down the main interface (i am assuming fr) it should
install the floating static route instead.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Ross [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, December 18, 2000 10:14 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; GroupStudy LAB
Subject: All-in-one CCIE Lab Study Guide: Lab #4

I have started going through the labs in the All-in-one Study Guide and =
have a problem with Lab #4. The lab is for an ISDN floating static =
route. I am using 2 3104's and an AGS+ as a frame_switch. The ISDN port =
can ping the other ISDN port. Both are on the same subnet, 196.1.1.1 and =
196.1.1.2. The ISDN line (using a Teltone simulator) dials fine, but the =
Static route does not appear in the routing table. I am using IOS =
version 11.2 Enterprise on both ISDN routers(3104's, upgraded to run IOS =
11.2 Enterprise). I have entered the route several times and double =
checked by entries: IP ROUTE 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 196.1.1.2 121 , but the =
route will not appear in my routing table. Anyone ran across this =
problem? I will probably see what I am overlooking soon, but insight is =
appreciated.

Thanks,
Tim