What troubleshooting methodology have you used?

Are you able to ping a known address/location on the internet?
Have you run traceroutes to that location to see if the server is available?
Do you have your network settings configured for the correct DNS server?
Is the DNS server reachable.

In sum, if all of your network interfaces are up and you can't reach a
particular
server, then you need to first determine if you can reach the target and if
not, why not?

dj