If the exchange server is on the inside, have you created a static NAT
translation from the private => public IP address on the PIX?

If so make sure you have an access-list permitting smtp traffic to the
public address.. let us know if you have done that already

Hope that helps
Russ..

000201c06973$21839180$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:000201c06973$21839180$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...