Dan West -- CCNA, CCNP (in progress) asked,

>Is it possible to run IBGP as the ONLY IGP for a
>particular network (AS)??

Possible, but not a good idea in almost any situation.

iBGP really is an unfortunate term.  It is a protocol for
coordinating the "outside" activities of eBGP, and is not intended as
an IGP.  In other words, while it may be interior, it's not an IGP.

If for no other reasons, iBGP usually depends on an IGP with hellos
for anything coming close to reasonably fast failure detection.