Group,
  In determining valid subnetworks it used to be true all were valid accept
the all 1's subnet and the all 0's subnet. In an environment where all
devices are compatible, I understand, that by using the configuration
command "ip subnet-zero" it enables the use of the all 0's subnet. The
question I ask then, wouldn't that leave the all 1's subnet still an invalid
subnet even when using the previous mentioned command? or is there something
else that allows the all 1's subnetwork? I have been asked this question,
and I don't feel I am correct. The new formula noted in the CCNA book notes
the new equation for determining the amount of valid subnetworks is 2^# of
subnet bits, and I figured it would be 2^#of subnet bits - 1 (for the all
1's subnet). I don't pose this question without first a bit of research and
everything I have read indicates the "ip subnet-zero" command only enables
the use of the all 0's subnetwork. I however cannot find anything indicating
the use of the all 1's subnet is permitted. Any help is appreciated.