Do you have Palm Software running (hot sync)...or anything else using =
COM1?  Turn that off and it should work....

--=20

Thanks,

Chris Boyd
Network Support
Alex Lee, Inc.
120 4th St SW
Hickory NC 28603
828-323-4103
www.alexlee.com
"Benjamin Walling" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message =
91t5t0$tmc$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:91t5t0$tmc$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> Not really a Cisco question (directly), but everyone here should have =
ample
> experience using COM ports to get consoles....
>=20
> Hyperterminal is saying 'Unable to open COM1'.  This port on this =
laptop has
> been working fine for months, and this just started.  I've deleted the =
COM