Morning all, just got a used 2501, and having trouble getting rid of Tacacs
authentication.  I have used the Cisco site, and tried many things
including:

enable last-resort password

enable last-resort suceed

no ip tacacs source-interface

no tacacs-server attempts

no tacacs-server authenticate

This last one looks like it would work, but the choices for no at the
privileged mode is only debug, and at conf t, it does not recognize the word
authenticate.

In addition, I used this Cisco link to bypass the login and the enable
password. and currently, the router is up, but no write mem has been done.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/779/smbiz/service/knowledge/general/recover
y2.htm

--word wrap will be inevitable--

The history of this router is that I bought it on ebay (not my first) and it
has the full config of the business it was purchased from.  (ip addresses
and names removed)  With that in mind, please give me a strong hand up, and
if you would like, refer me the the appropriate cisco page as I am not able
to locate the correct one.

Many thanx!

Jim Croyle

version 10.2
no service finger
service timestamps debug datetime localtime
service timestamps log datetime localtime
service tcp-small-servers
!
hostname PITA
clock timezone cst -6