Here is a possible explanation to two of your questions:

special class -  'map-class frame-relay' command is used to assign traffic shaping
and/or priority queuing to a specific PVC

characteristics - things like traffic shaping and priority/custom queueing come to
mind.  look up map-class frame-relay command for more possibilities

Mike Bal.

ItsMe wrote:

> All of these questions are based on NBMA design, which is different
> depending on the routing protocol used.
> I believe they can all be answered when you look at NBMA/routing protocol.
>
> ""pierreg "" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > I have spent many hours trying to comprehend the exerpt bellow (from Cisco
> CD). Still no light. Can someone help?
> >
> > "This command is typically used for subinterfaces; however, it can also be
> used on main interfaces. Using the frame-relay interface-dlci command on
> main interfaces will enable the use of routing protocols on interfaces that
> use Inverse ARP. The frame-relay interface-dlci command on a main interface
> is also valuable for assigning a specific class to a single PVC where
> special characteristics are desired."
> >
> > 1. How can the command frame-relay interface-dlci enable the use of
> routing protocols??!!??
> > 2. What do they mean by "specific class"?
> > 3. What characteristics are they talking about?
> >
> > Please explain AND illustrate each point...
> >
> > Thankfully,
> >
> > Pierre-Alex

Mike Nunzio Balistreri
[EMAIL PROTECTED]