From: Chuck Larrieu [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, December 20, 2000 7:59 PM
To: Cisco Mail List
Subject: Over the internet VPN class

OK, I think I can try this one again.

Through the magic of the internet, I believe I have the means of setting up
my lab pod for some live VPN over the internet instruction.

Weds. December 27, 5:00 p.m. Pacific, 8:00 p.m. eastern. I believe that
comes out to 1:00 a.m. Thursday December 27 GMT ( we're off daylight
savings, aren't we? :-> )

I have received tentative concurrence from Dale Holmes that it will be ok to
use the allnet chatsite as the means for running this informal class.
http://www.allnetllc.net/chat/ciscochat.htm

Essentially, I will have IPSec 56 bit DES configured. Folks should be able
to set up VPN tunnels to my routers, and potentially from there reach
eachother.

I will be finishing up my study on this over the weekend, and will send out
another announcement. In the meantime, those who might be interested might
want to look at how you might connect.
I have 2501 routers running 12.1 or so with IPSec DES

Please do not e-mail me yet. All the details are not worked out. But mark
your calendars.

Chuck

,

This mail was processed by Mail essentials for Exchange/SMTP,
the email security & management gateway. Mail essentials adds
content checking, email encryption, anti spam, anti virus,
attachment compression, personalised auto responders, archiving
and more to your Microsoft Exchange Server or SMTP mail server.
For more information visit http://www.mailessentials.com