As Howard might say "what problem are you trying to solve?"

If you are looking at this for certification purposes, I would say glide lightly over
areas of a granular nature such as the performance of an SPF algorithm.  For these
purposes, Jeff or Radia's coverage (more so Jeff's in the case of Cisco) address the
topic in as much or more detail than required for you to be successful.  However, if
you truly want to further a deeper understanding of the protocol, I would spend more
time with documents of this nature and look to some of the references that Howard
pointed out in a followup msg (particularily John Moy's new title and the IETF-wg
mailing lists)

Pete