Hi all,

I am in the process of configuration a bunch of routers to do ISDN dial
backup.
Has any body worked with Dialer Watch on a router running OSPF? I know that
some Cisco document says that Dialer Watch is only supported in EIGRP and
IGRP. But others say any Dynamic routing protocols.  Also, has any one used
the IP OSPF Demand Circuit? This option is suppose to control the types of
LSAs that are sent across the dial line. It reduces the amount of
Access-list that is needed to monitor the traffic.  Basically, I am using 4
BRIs in a Dialer Interface with ip unnumbered Loopback0. Then, I will be
using Dialer Watch to trigger the ISDN calls and run OSPF Demand Circuit to
control packed over the dial link. Defaulting back to the serial link will
be done based on OSPF cost statement once the link comes back. Does this
sound like it's feasible or is it too much to handle?
Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Evan You - CCNA / Soon to be CCNP
interface BRI1/0
description connected into a rotary group
no ip address
encapsulation ppp
dialer rotary-group 0
isdn switch-type basic-net3
isdn T310 10000
no fair-queue
no cdp enable
!
interface BRI1/1
no ip address
encapsulation ppp
dialer rotary-group 0
isdn switch-type basic-net3
isdn T310 10000
no fair-queue
no cdp enable
!
interface BRI1/2
no ip address
encapsulation ppp
dialer rotary-group 0
isdn switch-type basic-net3
isdn T310 10000
no fair-queue
no cdp enable
!
interface BRI1/3
no ip address
encapsulation ppp
dialer rotary-group 0
isdn switch-type basic-net3
isdn T310 10000
no fair-queue
no cdp enable
!
interface Dialer0
description Dialer group controlling the BRIs
ip unnumbered Loopback0
encapsulation ppp
ip ospf cost 1500
ip ospf demand-circuit
dialer in-band
dialer idle-timeout 500
dialer map ip 53.29.248.2 name hostname broadcast 0000000
dialer load-threshold 30 either
dialer watch-group 1
no fair-queue
no cdp enable
ppp authentication chap
ppp multilink
hold-queue 100 in
!
dialer watch-list 1 ip 10.10.10.10 255.255.255.252
dialer watch-list 1 ip 10.1.2.12 255.255.255.252

Evan You - CCNA / Soon CCNP