Gary,
  I think you are asking what is the difference between NBMA referred to in
OSPF and Ethernet? Broadcasts in Ethernet go out to everyone and only the
node the packet is detined for processes it, all the other nodes discard
this packet. What is being refferenced in OSPF as an NBMA would be something
like a multipoint connection through a frame-relay cloud. Where there would
be one connection who sends out to multiple other sites when transmitting
data across. Which cannot be appropriately called unicast. There may be
other instances where this NBMA would be applicable, but I don't know of
any.