Physically reconfigure the disk drives so that the Windows 98 disk is
disk(0) and the Windows 2K disk is disk(1).  Make sure that Windows 98 boots
fine without the boot loader screen.  Then boot the Win2K CD and upgrade the
existing Win2K Advanced Server partition to the same version of Win2K
Advanced Server.  It won't change anything on the Win2K partition, but it
will build a new usable boot.ini on the Windows 98 partition.

You should end up with:

[boot loader]
timeout=30
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(1)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT="Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced
Server"
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\C:\="Microsoft Windows 98"

I have never seen Windows 98 boot from anything other than the first active
partition on the first disk drive which the BIOS designates as C:.  There
are some multiboot utilities out there but they usually want to be involved
before the Operating System is installed.

Vern Stitt
ASE, CCA, CCNA, MCSE

""Brandon Peyton"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
Hi,

Im trying to figure out how to configure my boot.ini file so it will
boot into win98.

I have 2 40 gig drives in my server, on 1 HD is W2K Advanced Server
on the second HD was in98.

Currently I have:

[boot loader]
timeout=30
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT="Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced
Server"
multi(0)disk(1)rdisk(0)partition(1)\C:\="Microsoft Windows 98"

I've also tried "\Windows" and "C:\WINDOWS" both fail and have fatal error.

Would someone who has dual boot NT and 98 please show me a copy of your
boot.ini
file?

it would be in your c: dir.  I've looked in tons of how to's but none offer
2 disk
assistance only partition.

Thanks for your help

Brandon