A good rule of thumb is this:

Think of the OSI 7 layer model.  If you have to connect two devices that are 'peer to
peer'-such as a router to router (L3-L3), hub to hub (L1-L1), or switch to
switch(L2-L2), use a crossover cable.  If you connect between layers
(L1-L3/L2-L3/L1-L2), use straight thru.  I have found this very helpful.

>>> L Reid <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 12/30/00 07:48AM >>>

 In my lab there are two (2) 1900's Trunking and in accordance with the documentiation
a CrossOver cable is need.

This was done and worked fine.

Trunking did not work with a Straight.  A straight was used and Trucking failed.

  "D. J. Jones" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Straight cable.

92e71h$qg7$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:92e71h$qg7$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...