If you're unable to break the router's boot using any of the normal break
sequences, try the following...

Set your terminal program to 1200bps, press on the space bar and keep it
down, reboot the router, keep space bar down for 10-20 seconds, release
space bar and then set your terminal program to 9600 or the normal speed.