You should probably browse the comp.security.firewalls newsgroup but here is
a tip.

I have been running "Tiny Personal Firewall" on a W2kPro PC at home for a
couple of months now and it seems to work well.  Basically I used it to
check on what was getting past the crude firewall in a Linksys DSL router
and to make access rules specific to this workstation.

Tiny Personal Firewall is free (for home personal use) and i believe you can
get it at URL  http://www.winroute.com/ and many others.

Tiny Personal firewall is spoken of fairly highly in the aforementioned news
group if you want to check it out yourself.

You can find all sorts of other firewall shareware and freeware at
http://download.cnet.com/downloads/.

Tony