In addition to just getting the "right" answers I would suggest doing some research. Go
to www.cisco.com, under Prodcuts and Technologies select Switches. You will be
presented
with a top level description of Cisco's switch line and many links to explore. Learning
HOW to figure out the answers will be important on the job.

Right away you see that the 8500 series switch is an ATM switch, so you can throw that
one out. The 1900 series is fixed at 24 ports maximum (the two 100 Mbps ports are
generally used for uplinks). The question points to a backbone switch solution with the
keywords "multiple floors" and the desire to expand to 45 ports. Although there is a
2948 (48 ports) and a 2980 (80 ports) most of the Cisco training literature suggests
the
use of a Catalyst 5500 (or 6500) as a backbone series switch.