LAPD is used on the ISDN D channel.  PPP (or HDLC or whatever) is used on
the B channels.  SO neither is encapsulated in the other.
The Paquet book for BCRAN has a useful table covering what protocols are
used at which layers on which channels, which I have attempted to reproduce
below...

              D channel         B channel

Layer 3       DSS1 (Q.931)      IP/IPX

Layer 2       LAPD (Q.921)      HDLC/PPP/FR/LAPB

Layer 1          I.430/I.431/ANSI T1.601

Hope that helps,
JMcL
---------------------- Forwarded by Jenny Mcleod/NSO/CSDA on 03/01/2001

"Pierre-Alex" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>@groupstudy.com on 30/12/2000
10:45:47 am

Please respond to "Pierre-Alex" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sent by:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]