In addition to Paul's very relevant comments, I have recently worked
through a problem with PPP multilink (i.e. it doesn't work) when used in
conjunction with priority queueing with various 12.0 IOS versions, I think
including 12.0(8).  This was on an AS5300, though, not a 2500.

I don't believe the TAC ever gave it a bug number, despite some prompting,
but an upgrade to 12.1(4) fixed the problem.

If IBM thinks they do support multilink, try stripping your Cisco config of
every non-essential item, even if it doesn't seem to be related to PPP.

debug ppp negotiation and debug ppp packet were quite useful in my case in
tracking down the problem, including seeing if the MRRU LCP option is
requested or rejected.  There are various other debug ppp options available
which may be useful.

JMcL
---------------------- Forwarded by Jenny Mcleod/NSO/CSDA on 04/01/2001

Paul Werner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>@groupstudy.com on 04/01/2001 03:41:44 pm

Please respond to Paul Werner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sent by:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]