OK I promise this is the last time I will plug Mentor Tech Vlabs.

But as I re-read the Slattery/Burton book Advanced IP Routing in Cisco
networks, one of the things I continue to appreciate is the structure of the
lessons and associated examples and lab practice. As one progresses through
a chapter, there might be several examples based on a three router pod.
Points are made using the same basic configurations, with the addition of,
say, authentication, or redistribution. So one does not have to start from
scratch in each case. This is an excellent way to build one's skills and
confidence. I am fortunate to have three routers at home, so I can do all of
these on my own dime.

For those examples that center around a four or more router pod, again, this
same incremental design of the lessons allows one to study. Prepare, and
then rent some rack time from Mentor, whose 6 router open pod is,
coincidentally, set up the same as the Slattery/Burton examples. So again,
one can progress through the OSPF chapter, for example, and very effectively
use the resource.

For those of you who may be at the beginning of your lab preparations, I
recommend you at least look into the Slattery book, and see if you can get
your bosses to pick up the tab on a few Mentor labs.

As for me, I will be concluding the Slattery book in a week or two, at which
time I will be turning my attention to the CCBootcamp labs, and looking into
some serious rack time there.

Best wishes

Chuck