Hi all,

I was brought in a meeting which I am over my head (typical me).
The scenario goes like this: (there is actually two similar setup that needs
to be done
and one of them will have the PIX mentioned and the other setup has nothing
yet)

Web clients (through cable modem) want to access an AS400 behind a firewall
(PIX 506 v5.1).
We would like them to authenticate as securely as possible. We do not have a
Tacacs+/Radius
authentication server or any as a matter of fact, yet.

Any comments welcome (reference to a book also welcome).
I have no experience with firewalling so bare with me and be descriptive.
This is just a discussion. I will not be implementing any design myself
but I would like to have a few ideas on how to come about to do this the
"cheapest" way possible.
This is for a College and we are already over budget (as usual).

Thanks