Hi

Don't worry too much about it. This time of year it is hard to find work, I
know I am looking right now myself. A lot of the companies are just starting
a new year, people just getting back from holiday vacations, new budgets and
projects just starting to get going.

Keep in mind that there really isn't a cert out there with the possible
exception of the CCIE will get you a job by it's self. You have to fit the
job, the environment, and have the knowledge/experience you will land the
job. Be charming, friendly, likeable. Read the job description carefully, if
you have the knowledge/experience they are looking for, MAKE sure it shows
on your resume.  Too many times we "geeks" assume knowledge on the hiring
persons part, spell it out real simple, make sure they get it. I actually
had a recruiter ask me "Since you have worked with DS-3 lines, you have ATM
and frame relay experience, right?" So you tell me, what on earth does a
layer 2 technology have to with a layer 1 technology?

Anyway keep your sprits up, there are jobs to had. I have three interviews
over the 2 weeks, one with the mother ship, Cisco. May my good luck land on
you!

--
John Hardman CCNP MCSE+I