An interesting read...  I'm not sure if anyone else has seen this.

Tighe

As Cisco's channel partner family has grown significantly in
the past few years, we would like to take this opportunity to
inform many of our newer partners about our policy regarding
the reselling of Cisco products. In addition, we would like to
inform all our partners about an exciting new program that
affords the opportunity to participate in the secondary market.

Like many high-tech companies that produce software, Cisco
adopts a policy of nontransferability of its software to
protect its intellectual property rights. Cisco product owners
are only allowed to transfer, resell or re-lease used Cisco
hardware and not the embedded software that runs on the
hardware. This policy also applies to Cisco standalone software
applications.

Because Cisco's installed base of equipment has grown to such
large numbers over the years, companies have become more
interested in selling and leasing used Cisco equipment on the
secondary market. To provide our valued customers and partners
with this capability, Cisco has set up a program in which
companies can do so and comply with the terms of the software
license agreement that accompanies every Cisco product.
Companies interested in transferring title and ownership of
Cisco equipment that contains embedded software may now
purchase a new software license to do so. Leasing companies
that wish to re-lease a Cisco product with embedded software to
another lessee may also purchase on behalf of the new lessee a
software license each time before doing so.

To learn more about this new opportunity, as well as how to
place orders for software licenses, please visit:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/partner/products/swlicense.html

--
Tighe Kuykendall
Senior Systems Engineer