All versions of IOS will bridge.  If routing for a protocol is turned on, or
applied to an interface, then that protocol will not be bridged.  To turn on
bridging do the following:

router (config)#  bridge 1 protocol ieee          <-- this selects the
spanning tree protocol, dec and ibm are the other options
router (config)# int e0                                    <-- select the
interface
router (if-config)# bridge-group 1                  <-- turns on bridging.
do this on every interface you want to bridge in/out

Rodgers Moore

"Fomes Iain" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message

> Can anyone tell me whether or not ,if you are bridging IPX, whether this
can
> take place with straight IP IOS or if it is not capable of handling this.
> wish to turn off bridging which is enabled by default on all routers for
IPX