From: Lowell Sharrah [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, January 12, 2001 2:49 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: ethernet and ios upgrade on cisco 4000

if you upgrade IOS, make sure that the bootrom is up to date to and thatg
you have enough memory for the upgrade.

Lowell E. Sharrah
SBC-DataComm
517-241-7059 wk
517-360-0481 pgr
517-930-1993 cell
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>>> "Rahman, Abdul" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 01/12/01 02:15PM >>>
All:

I am having trouble configuring and ethernet module for a cisco 4000
running ios 9.1.  Yes i know, i should upgrade, that is part of the problem.
Since this is the only module that i have, i wanted to use this module to
tftp a new copy of the ios.  I at least wanted to see if the interface was
DOA,
or if i could configure simple interfaces with the 9.x ios.

I know this is a cluggy problem, but any help would be appreciated.  If you
step
out of the scope of this issue to give a 'creative' solution then by all
means
indulge me.

Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards,