It will depend on the number of interfaces that are
configured on the routers for OSPF operation.

The main point to remember is that not all Routers
will become adjacent. For a broadcast network such as
Ethernet you may have N Routers. 2 of these Routers
will be elected DR and BDR and will form an adjacency.
So we have N-2 Routers left. These N-2 Routers will
also try to form adjacencies with the DR and BDR, but
these N-2 Routers will not form adjacencies with DR
OTHER Routers. This saves on Network resources and
computational Resources.

HTH,

Phil.
--- Eric Gunn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > Hello,