According to your statement when the token comes back to station A (we assume  X was
the destination), A creates a new token with priority 4 and no reservation set.
Is that a fair assesment of your response?

[Pierre-Alex]  -----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, January 12, 2001 4:12 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: CCIE Case Scenario

I found in the Roosevelt Giles: All-in-one Cisco CCIE study guide the following
statement
The three bits RRR, are the reservation bits.  These bits are initially set to 0 by
any transmitting station.  So, when the currently circulating frame is returned to the
originating station and a new token is generated, the PPP bits, the priority bits, are
set to the RRR bits value.

The following statement is my interpretation of the next paragraph: It goes on to say
that a controller looks at the T (token bit) and the PPP (priority bits) to determine
if it can seize the token and transmit data. There is no mention of looking at the RRR
bits to determine if a controller can seize the token.