From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Moahzam Durrani
Sent: Monday, January 15, 2001 5:34 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: vlan and dhcp-------help

at our site we provide ip adresses to workstations via dhcp. We ahve around
10 Vlans . I have the vtp domain on a CAT 6509. RUNNING IOS 12.0(7)XE. on
its msfc's (2). The Core switch trunks to various Cat 4006's. Users on a
certain vlan 106  coamplained that they could not get network connectivity
as they were not agetting an IP adress.  I connected my laptop to the switch
on wich the ports were assigned for valn 106 and was unable to get an IP
address. Hower when I configured my laptop with a static IP I was connected
to the network.  I configured a port for vlan 106 on another cat4006 and got
the same result.
I have
*       Portfast enabled,
*       port channel mode disabled
*       and trunking for ports disabled.
*       Also I did not see any mismatches. of ports.
*        also ther ip-helper address is setup on my MSFC's
Cisco believes that there is a bug in ios ver 12.0(7)xe and told me to
download the new config 12.1(5) that has the fix---as explained below
Release Notes

 Forwarding of bootp/dhcp address request UDP packets fail
 because of
 encapsulation failure.
 Workaround: Use Cisco IOS Release 12.0(5)T.

Does anybody have any suggestions?
Mo Durrani
IS&T
WYSE\EDS