Thank you Craig for correcting me.  I glad I have it basically correct, since
all I have is your basic ccna.  I have no more knowledge than that.

As far as all your info you enclosed...who is it for?  Me or Charles, who
wanted to know why there are zeros at the end of an network address??  If we
go this way and go into that much detail with him, don't you think you should
explain first of all to charles what a classful address is and then explain
how that is related to the trailing zeros in answering his questions regarding
basic network addresses and why they have zeros at the end??  If you also want
to confuse his "basic" question and tell him about a loopback address, before
you can explain what a loopback address is, you have to get him to understand
the concepts of a network address or no point has been made!!  And nothing is
understood. Information when you start out has to build or you never get the
concept and without the conceptual understanding, you fail the test.

And yes craig, I know that routers base their information on binary numbers
and not numerical numbers, but charles did not ask the question in regards to
binary numbers.  He used his examples from a numerical point of view.  And
also, but maybe you don't remember, when you start out, you don't really cover
multicast and experimental addresses, because it's is overwhelming at times to
just get the concept of a class b....

Jen
By the way...explain to me what a vlsm network is...from a basic standpoint..

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> =====