Windows 2000 has telnet server support.  Great for quickly checking status
on things, stopping/starting services.  Of course, since it's telnet,
security it out the door unless you're on a totally switched network.

I like it because I can telnet in behind a PIX, and then telnet back into
the firewall's inside interface.  Of course, I could do this with a router
or manageable switch on the inside, but that's not always the case.

Just some thoughts, especially from a security point of view as well.

The best thing you can do with PC's is just ping 'em.

--
Jason Roysdon, CCNP/CCDP, MCSE, CNA, Network+, A+