I used four 4000's each with enet, tr, and wan.  Worked fine for me.  Of
course I had quite a few 2500's also.  The biggest thing is that the 4000
only supports 16MB of RAM.  This will prevent you from loading 12.1 type
code at times.  12.1 with 56bit encryption would not load.  12.0.7 worked
fine though.

--
Eric Fairfield
CCIE #6413