Hi,

  I have used almost the similar configuration to configure my Cisco
AS5300
for
Multilink. It was successful but I have observed that the speed through
Multilink is
slower than the single link.  What could be the reason.

I am using AS5300 with 4 PRIs, single unit with IOS 12.

Thanks

Aftab Rashid

Paul Lalonde wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Just do the following:
>
> multilink virtual-template 1
>
> interface virtual-template 1
>    encapsulation ppp
>    ppp multilink
>    ... assign serial link IP address (eg. ip address 192.168.255.249
> 255.255.255.252)
>
> interface serial0
>    no ip address
>    encapsulation ppp
>    ppp multilink
>
> interface serial1
>    no ip address
>    encapsulation ppp
>    ppp multilink
>
> This will bind the two physical serial connections into a single
"virtual
> access" interface and enable Multilink PPP.
>
> Paul
>
> "Network Operations" wrote in message <90t36m$ug$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>...
> >I want to multilink 2nos 64Kbps Leased Lines ( to aggregate 128Kbps)
both
> >links connected on same cisco routers on either side (Model of Cisco
router
> >is different on both sides) . pls let me know how this configuration
can
be

--
Aftab Rashid