>thanks , but can you be more precise who does
>auto-summmary and injecting routes into IGP my
>customer or his customer or my upstream providers
>

>regards,
>
>suaveguru

1.  In global Internet operations, no one should do auto-summary.
     Summarization needs to be planned.

2.  It is rarely a good idea to inject any external routes into
     an IGP. This may make sense as part of a traffic engineering
     strategy, but you really need to know what you are doing.

3.  Before you can say who does what injection into BGP, you have
     to define the associated routing policy.  Let's say you have
     a customer with two sites, using address space you have delegated
     to them.  It does make sense for the customer routes to be advertised
     into your AS, assuming the customer links to you with a private AS number
     and BGP.

     If you only have one connection to the upstream, however, the upstream
     can't do anything useful with the customer-specific information.  It
     should just see the aggregate.

     If you have multiple connections to the upstream, more-specifics may
     be useful if your contract covers them.  Your upstream, however, has
     no reason to advertise your more-specifics to its upstream, if the two
     are connected only at one point.