We are back from out Holiday Break and the SPCCUG has an exciting year
planned!  Our beta web site for the group created by Jon Young/Intel is
almost operational!  If you want to see the work in progress visit
http://www.cordels.com/cert/index.html  Eventually the DNS will be
www.cisco-cert.org. Our membership grew from 53 at the beginning of last
year to 205 on our mailing list as of today!  Wow! Meeting twice a month
became too much of a problem for planning so we will go back to the old way
of having one long meeting each month from 6:30PM until 9:30 PM on the
second Thursday of each month for both CCNA level and CCNP level members.
Here is the next meeting information:

Next Meeting:
                   February 8th, 2001 at 6:30PM
Location:
              Nerdbooks (www.nerdbooks.com)
                    911 Washington Boulevard, Roseville
Directions:
            From Sacramento take 80 West
            Exit the second Douglas Exit and go over the freeway
            Make a right on Judah
            Make a right on Oak
            Make a left on Washington (NerdBooks on the left about two miles
down.)
Speaker:
            Coriolis/Sybex Author/Cisco Instructor Sean Odom
CCNA TOPIC:
             Configuring PPP and CHAP authentication over Serial links
CCNP TOPICS:
             Redistribution Of Routing Protocols 101
             BGP Part 1 of 3
(equipment will be provided)
 -->You may bring your own router as well if it has two serial ports.  I
have plenty of DTE/DCE cables I will be bringing.
 -->Bring a laptop and Hyperterminal if you have one!

Other Topics: Special Interest Group (SIG group leaders) We need volunteers

GROUP BY-LAWS
The cost is $5 per meeting,  refreshments are provided.
  a.. No prerequisites are required to join the group.
  b.. Each meeting consists of a CCNA Presentation, a CCNP/CCDA
Presentation, and a Real World Presentation.
  c.. At the end of the meeting prizes are awarded from participating vendor
donations.
  d.. Vendors are never allowed to advertise during any Technical
presentation.
  e.. Presentations are always technical presentation and are never sales
presentations.
  f.. Vendors may present material at the end of after the technical
presentations
  g.. The focus of the group is to obtain certifications, Cisco technical
and real world working knowledge.
  h.. Group member consist of those attempting their CCNA/CCDA, CCNP/CCDP to
those attempting their CCIE.
  i.. We have a drawings during the meeting.  Many of the gifts are
purchased by the groups fund.  This way we are not soliciting anyone.
  j.. Our group reviews study material that are important to know for the
exam and also to provide better understanding of the process of working with
Cisco routers & switches.
  k.. A Real World Presentation is brought into the discussion group.
  l.. The cost is $5 per meeting,  refreshments are provided.

  Are group attendance averages between 35 to 50 professionals during the
meeting.  We meet once a month. The 2nd Thursday day @ 6:30
through 8:30 p.m.  We do request a $5.00 fee from the members, so that we
can purchase beverages and invest into the group.

We have a committee group that meets on a regular bases and we are currently
working on a web page, so that we can provide more beneficial information
to our members.

The following is a small section that is announced regularly with our email
to the group.
  The Sacramento Placer County Cisco Users Group (SPCCUG) consist of many
professional working on advancing their
Cisco skills by attending study group meetings.  Majority are working
closely with Cisco products and have chosen
to become certified.  We also have students from the surrounding ATEC
schools attending these meetings.

To be removed from this mailing list.  Please e-mail Ken Gregg at
[EMAIL PROTECTED]