I've noticed that when logging ip access lists, in some situations it logs
the port number while other times it simply records a zero, and I can't
remember the cause of this behavior.  It seems that in the nether regions of
my memory, I recall once having heard an explanation for this but I just
can't remember what it was.

It's frustrating me this morning because I wanted to turn on logging to find
out what specific ports an application was using, but nothing but zeroes
were showing up.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
John