The way I've always read it, with both Microsoft and Cisco texts, is that
even though subnet zero is supported by nearly everything these days, it's
not recommended as not everything does support it (not that I've ever heard
of something not, but perhaps an old UNIX host or something).  I think for
any test I'd go with the "book" answer and ditch the 0s & 1s subnets.

--
Jason Roysdon, CCNP+Security/CCDP, MCSE, CNA, Network+, A+