I saw the following posted on another list and I thought it would be good
brain food, specifically for those studying for the BSCN test.  Here is the
posting:

<snip>
What is the preferred way to get transit customers routing information into
your IGP so that BGP will announce the route to it's neighbors.

1===2a===2b====3

4

1 is the customer, announcing to 2a, who propogates 1's route to 2b and to
4.  2b will not announce the route to 3 as it doesn't have a route in it's
routing table for 1's route.  I was thinking about redistributing bgp into
my igp using a route-map based on as-path filter, but that seems somewhat
kludgy.  What are you all doing to accomplish this or am I just missing
something here?
<snip>

I know an immediate answer to this, but it might not be the best solution.
Ask the following questions:

What is the problem?  What assumptions are we making about the relationship
of these routers?  What are possible solutions to the immediate problem?
What are the implications and possible complications of our solutions?

:-)

Doing my best Chuck imitation,
John