I just took the ccna test v.2.0 in Dec, and there was NOT a question that
discussed ip subnet zero or even one that could be remotely associated with
that.  The only subnetting questions were very basic.  I think I only had
one or two questions about subnetting, and if I remember correctly they
were along the lines of "If you had this address...162.53.21.12 and you
need no more than 126 hosts on this subnet, what mask would you use" and
the answer is 255.255.255.128.  The subnetting part, IF you understand
subnetting, it is the least of your worries.  It is very basic and deals
with class c,  and possibly a class b, but like I said, these are the
questions you will breeze through.  Make sure you understand the concepts
of broadcast and collision domains(VLANS) and router commands and ipx, and
access lists as these are covered much more than subnetting.  Don't get
stuck on one thing.  There is not much along the subnetting lines that you
are going to half to sit and figure much out.  My two sheets of paper I
took in with me were still blank when I came out.

I just finished the academy and believe it or not, we studied for v.2.0.
 In out classes, it was still (2^x)-2 for usable subnets. We were taught
the first and the last are not used.  I am sure there is more than that,
but I don't know about that yet but I am understanding the ccna is similiar
to kindergarten of routing technology, but as far as your v.2.0 test, I
wouldn't worry about those things yet.  I didn't see them on my test.  The
ace busters I had were about telnetting sessions and going back and forth
between different sessions, as in what command does that and since we only
had the basic telnet command explained, this is one of the questions I
missed.  Still got an 892, but I guess what I'm saying is you need to
concentrate more on the concepts of vlans and domains.  The test is
conceptual in the true sense of the word.  Access list...don't forget to
study ipx and access list.  That is real important.

When are you taking the test?  Do you have time for one more study guide?
 I have a good one if you want to look at it.

Good Luck!!
Jennifer Cribbs
[EMAIL PROTECTED]