Ian,

For the most part OSPF between BayRS/Cisco should come
up and work w/no problem. There are a few settings you
should adjust to avoid possible headaches and pains. I
may be forgetting a few things (its late). If you
experience trouble feel free to shoot me a msg with a
copy of the log (log -ffwitd, or save log ospf.log
then tftp/ftp it off router). What version of BayRS
(stamp at prompt)?

OSPF Interface settings:

1) Make sure your OSPF network type is set correctly
and the same on both sides.

2) Cost on Bay is 10^8 / interface-speed according to
the MIB; from experience it is always 1 by default so
watch this one and change it for your network.

3) On Bay, the default OSPF MTU size is 1 which means
to use the MTU size of the physical circuit. This
sometimes works; sometimes doesn't. I suggest changing
the OSPF MTU setting to the actual interface MTU size.
Cisco MTU is 1500 by default on Ethernet and Serial.
Bay MTU is 1600 by default on Serial. MTU on both
sides should be same. To see the MTU size on the Bay
interface - in SM click on the connector then EDIT
LINE.

4) If you have HSSI then defiantly look at the OSPF
MTU size and there may be some other gotchas but they
can be worked out.

OSPF Global:

5) On Bay the router ID is the first OSPF interface
configured on the router. You may want to modify this
or create a circuitless IP interface (loopback
interface on cisco).

Good Luck!! Erick