hi savvas,

did you try a 'show proc cpu' to identify where the cpu utilization is
coming from ? You could look with 'show int' at the packets per second
values of the interfaces if a high packet load causes the cpu load.
To identify who is causing the high packet load you could use logging
access-lists. There is also a very good paper on tracking packet floods
available on CCO.

hth

Reinhold

--
Reinhold Fischer                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CCNP-Security/SunCSA/HP Certified Consultant for Network Management