I think a 4000 with the fiber option is more than $5k (probably closer to
10k), we paid $5k for a OneTouch series II with fiber and internetworking
option. Although it doesn't have any "real" sniffing/decoding capabilities,
it did prove invaluable when we had to split a lan and the fiber option sure
beats looking for a red-light coming out of the end of your fiber (no, I've
never done that; really!).

;-)

Tim