Guys,

     I think we're on the right track now.  Of course, you don't have to
lower the priv level of the command to 1, instead put it at, say, 14. Then
make sure those users you want to have this access are given a privilege
level of 14.  This can be done either locally or at the TACACS+ server.
Locally, assign a user as:

     username johnchambers password ciscoceo privilege 14

Set the "show running-config" command to be at level 14 like this:

     privilege exec level 14 show running-config
     privilege exec level 1 show

     (I think the second one is necessary, because if you don't use it,
then you get as an "added bonus" the line "privilege exec level 14 show",
which disables all show commands from any priv level under 14. - Please
correct me if I'm wrong)

     Does anyone know how to get these commands out of your config without
reloading?  Prepending a "no" just reverts the command back to default, but
it still displays in the config.

     Look in your documentation as to how to do this on your TACACS+ server

     Also, as a bit of a side note, if you give a user level 15 access,
when they log in, they immediately get an enable prompt.

Matthew Sypherd
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
CCNP+Security CCDP CCSE MCSE CCIE-R/S-Written (June 15-16 RTP)

"Kevin Wigle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>@groupstudy.com
01/28/2001 03:42 PM

Please respond to "Kevin Wigle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sent by:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]