The first problem that you encountered was due the fact of the network type
mismatch - different network types uses different timers.

For point-multipoint and non-broadcast:

Hello 30, Dead 120, Wait 120

For point-point:

Hello 10, Dead 40, Wait 40

So if you have differnt configuration at either end of the link, then there
will be no adjaceny formed between the two neighbours and as a result there
will be no routing info/LSA's transfered between then.

I would suggest that for this setup you should use the ospf network type "point
to mulitpoint", this way each connected is treated  and a single point to point
network. This way you also rule and problems with DR election if using
broadcast (in this setuo you would need to make sure the hub was the DR to
ensure that the routing worked properly).

For some more info and a some sample configs have a look at the following link:

Rich

--

          *** Please copy your emails to [EMAIL PROTECTED] ***

#    ..       ..    | Richard Gallagher     | Office:+32 2 704 5000     #
#    ||       ||    | Euro-CATS             | Direct:+32 2 704 5421     #
#    ||       ||    | Cisco Systems Belgium | Fax:   +32 2 704 6000     #
#   ||||     ||||   | Pegasus Park          | email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] #
#.:||||||:.:||||||:.| De Kleetlaan, 6A      |                           #
#   Cisco Systems   | BE 1831 Diegem        | http://www.cisco.com/tac  #