Tong ,

I don't believe the router is the best source in
getting this kind of info .
Probably ip accounting is enabled on the router .
clear ip accounting clears/reset current counters ..

sh ip accounting output ... you can try to figure out
the top talkers browsing the list . I doubt that this
is the best way to do it .

Better is to use a sniffer to get this kind of info .

Top talker is the device (source) that sends the most
packets or bytes (not necessary the same thing) on
your segment .

The top talker on the groupstudy list is the one who
sends most emails to the list ;-)

flem
--- "Sim, CT (Chee Tong)"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi.. Dear all,
>
> I don't understand the term top talker. May I know
> what is the syntax to
> check top talker of a router during a period of
> time?  How to reset it?  Can
> u reset it using user level account ?
>
> Tong
>

> > Could you check around these times (Tokyo time)
> for top talkers - you can
> > reset top talker information on you standard
> account now. cheers
> >
> > 09:15 - 09-30
> > 10:30 - 10:40
> >

> > Simon Spalding

> De informatie opgenomen in dit bericht kan
> vertrouwelijk zijn en
> is uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde. Indien
> u dit bericht
> onterecht ontvangt wordt u verzocht de inhoud niet
> te gebruiken en
> de afzender direct te informeren door het bericht te
> retourneren.

> The information contained in this message may be
> confidential
> and is intended to be exclusively for the addressee.
> Should you
> receive this message unintentionally, please do not
> use the contents
> herein and notify the sender immediately by return
> e-mail.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]