No nfas here...just plain 'ole PRI signaling. We busy
out a PRI, then dial and watch calls hit the next PRI
for testing purposes. Actually, we ended up finding
out that 5ess switches running national/standard
software by default do not offer the "maintenance"
state for b-channels( only "in-service" and
"out-of-service").

--- Eric Lofvenborg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi all. I lurked on this list for a while last year,
> and decided come back
> and visit.
>
> On a cert note, I have passed CCNA and BCRAN,
> Switching will be next week
> ... Damn VLAN's .. :-)
>
> As for your flapping D channel:
>
> Are you using NFAS ?? And why would you take down B
> channels from the router
> ? We usually use state 2 (busy)on NFAS from just
> about any switchtype on the
> planet, and everyhting works fine (for testing
> disco's prior to sending out
> orders). I would be curious to see how your SerXX:23
> are set up, and what
> IOS u r using.
>
> Eric
>

> >From: Dan West <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >Subject: PRI woes...switch vs. switch
> >Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 06:16:53 -0800 (PST)
> >
> >Hi All,
> >
> >Using AS5800 dual DS3 with software channelized DS1
> >controllers.
> >
> >The "isdn service" command to put the PRIs
> b-channels
> >in "maintenance" state causes some of our circuits
> >lose D-channel as well... :<
> >
> >Cisco techs claim that telco switches don't like
> being
> >told what the state of their own lines are...now
> why
> >that would cause d channel flap who knows.
> >
> >Anybody else out there seen this? Depends on the
> >switch 5e or DMS-500 too.
> >
> >=====
> >Don't forget to cross your digits...
> >Dan West -- CCNA, CCNP (in progress)