From: Tony van Ree [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2001 9:45 PM
To: Jim Bond; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: redundancy

Hi,

Where is your most likely point of failure or is bandwidth the issue.  WIll
etherchannel work to the 2NICs.  I don't know that the NT server will
understand Etherchannel.

In a study I did recently I found in a network that all the user areas went
to a "main core switch".  The servers had two NIC's each going to a separate
switch.  The "backup core switch" plugged into the main switch.  There was
still a single point of failure to the users "the main core switch".  Should
the "main core switch" fail there would be no network.  The redundancy only
covered the NIC's in this case nor did the second NIC provide any load
sharing.

Just some thoughts.

Teunis
Hobart, Tasmania