From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Christopher Larson
Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2001 12:01 PM
To: 'Ricky Gomez'; '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: IPSec help

This should not be a problem on your side when using ESP. With ESP your
traffic is encapsulated, w/o modifying the original packet, and the firewall
forwards to your peer, where the outer packet is stripped revealing the
original data.

 It is the peer that will have a problem as the address you come from will
change as the nat translation changes. The fix for this in the Cisco PIX
environment is to run Dynamic IPSEC lists w/ wild card authentication keys,
or if you are using the host based client software, run IKE mode config on
the side that is recieving data from a NAT'ed peer.

We run multiple IPSEC ESP tunnels to several peers using NAT. We also accept
several tunnels from dial up clients (whose address constantly changes due
to DHCP) using the IKE mode config or wildcard keys and dynamic lists.
AH is a different animal altogether and it does in fact change (or add) to
the datagram. I avoid AH when possible in production environments, so I
cannot comment on it.