I can't speak for all Sylvan sites, but we also have one.  We're the only
one within 45 minutes and the justification for having it was to attract
folks who might be interested in our Education Center at the same site
(offering MCT taught MCSE classes, A+, N+, and CCNA-level classes).  Sylvan
is the last priority for us plus it's a money loser, and just used for
publicity.  Sylvan support just sucks.  Half the time there are problems
it's due to their dialup servers (yet, they use dialup modems to download
the tests, how quaint).

Go CA167!  (Shows how many tests I've been taking lately as I know our
Sylvan test ID).

--
Jason Roysdon, CCNP+Security/CCDP, MCSE, CNA, Network+, A+