Hi All,

I've got a problem with the serial port of a 2500 of mine.

I used a serial back to back cable, in order to connect 2 2500s. I know what
a normal response the 2500 should give, it should normally detect that the
interface is up (I've used no shutdown already), and then set the line
protocol to up.

For one of the serial port, the interface and the line protocol changes to
up when I connect the two routers together. But after awhile, this is what I
get:

01:30:48: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Serial0, changed
state
 to up
01:31:08: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Serial0, changed
state
 to down
01:31:18: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Serial0, changed
state
 to up
01:31:38: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Serial0, changed
state
 to down
01:31:48: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Serial0, changed
state
 to up
01:32:08: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Serial0, changed
state
 to down
01:32:18: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Serial0, changed
state
 to up
01:32:38: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Serial0, changed
state
 to down

It keeps continuing. From what I can see, the line protocol keeps going up
and down periodically, however the interface is still up.

This is what I've tried:
- Different cables.
- Different serial ports
- Changing clock rate and bandwidth